• Seismic design of bridges • Seismic design of jointed ductile self-centering systems • Dynamic behaviour of rigid bodies with particular emphasis to historical buildings• Modelling of the seismic behaviour of precast/prestressed and reinforced concrete connections and systems • Long term effects of composite steel-concrete, reinforced and/or prestressed concrete structures• Interaction of creep, shrinkage and temperature in concrete elements (seasonal thermal variations in prestressed bridges and external panels)• Flexural and shear behaviour of fibre reinforced and high performance concrete structures• Timber buildings and bridges• Serviceability, durability and maintenance of concrete bridges
- Pampanin S., Palermo A. and Buchanan A. (2013) Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: STIC (Structural Timber Innovation Company). 300pp.
- Pampanin S., Palermo AG., Buchanan A., van Beerschoten W., Moroder D., O'Neill J., Smith T., Sporn B. and Watson C. (2013) Structural Timber Innovation Company Inc. (2013). "Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company. 278.
- Sarti F., Palermo A., Pampanin S. and Berman J. (2017) Determination of the seismic performance factors for post-tensioned rocking timber wall systems. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 46(2): 181 - 200.
- Acikgoz S., Ma Q., Palermo A. and DeJong MJ. (2016) Experimental Identification of the Dynamic Characteristics of a Flexible Rocking Structure. Journal of Earthquake Engineering 20(8): 1199 - 1221.
- Andisheh K., Scott A. and Palermo A. (2016) Modeling the influence of pitting corrosion on the mechanical properties of steel reinforcement. Materials and Corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion 67(11): 1220 - 1234.