Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: mobile robots including unmanned aerial vehicle, unmanned underwater vehicle, GPS-guided autonomous land vehicle, walking machines and climbing robot; human-robot collaborative system; resources and environmental measurement, monitoring, management and control; assistive device for rehabilitation; machine health monitoring, diagnosis and prognosis; vibration-based energy harvesting for wireless instrumentation; manufacturing process automation; machine vision; bio-instrumentation and control; precision measurement and inspection; 3d printing of bio-scaffoldsProf. Chen has extensively worked with the companies through collaborative research projects. These companies, in different industry sectors, include IBM, Motorola, Delphi Automotive Systems, Tata Consultancy Services, Singapore Technologies, Reed Tools, Turbine Overhaul Services, General Electric, Epoxy and Equipment Technology, Hewlett Packard, Rolls-Royce Plc (UK), Geospatial Research Centre, Dynamic Controls Limited, Commtest Instruments Ltd, Industrial Research Limited, and Methanex.
- Asgari H. and Chen XQ. (2016) Gas Turbines Modeling, Simulation, and Control: Using Artificial Neural Networks. Boca Raton: CRC Press. 216pp.
- Asgari H., Jegarkandi MF., Chen XQ. and Sainudiin R. (2017) Design of conventional and neural network based controllers for a single-shaft gas turbine. Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology 89(1): 52-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AEAT-11-2014-0187.
- Botterill T., Paulin S., Green R., Williams S., Lin J., Saxton V., Mills S., Chen XQ. and Corbett-Davies S. (2017) A Robot System for Pruning Grape Vines. Journal of Robotic Systems 34(6): 1100-1122. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/rob.21680.
- Le J., Zhang H. and Chen X. (2017) Right-angle fillet weld tracking by robots based on rotating arc sensors in GMAW. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 93(1-4): 605-616. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-017-0536-2.
- Le J., Zhang H., Chen X. and Liu C. (2017) Identification of the space posture of arc welding guns with rotational arc sensors in GMAW. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 92(9-12): 3447-3459. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-017-0416-9.