Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: 1. computer Vision: Pose estimation using moment functions; Object recognition using moment invariants; Moment based algorithms for stereo vision. 2. Image Analysis: Discrete orthogonal image transforms; Image compression using Tchebichef transform; Invariant characteristics of shape descriptors; Fast computation of moment invariants. 3. Computer Graphics: Real-time rendering; Non-photorealistic rendering; Terrain rendering algorithms; Image-based rendering and view synthesis.
- Mukundan R. (2018) Image Features Based on Characteristic Curves and Local Binary Patterns for Automated HER2 Scoring. Journal of Imaging 4(2): 35-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/jimaging4020035.
- Qaiser T., Mukherjee A., Reddy Pb C., Munugoti SD., Tallam V., Pitkäaho T., Lehtimäki T., Naughton T., Berseth M. and Pedraza A. (2018) HER2 challenge contest: a detailed assessment of automated HER2 scoring algorithms in whole slide images of breast cancer tissues. Histopathology 72(2): 227-238. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/his.13333.
- Ganoni O. and Mukundan R. (2017) A Framework for Visually Realistic Multi-robot Simulation in Natural Environment. Plzen, Czech Republic: 25th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision 2017, 29 May-2 Jun 2017. In Journal of WSCG
- Mukundan R. (2017) A Robust Algorithm for Automated HER2 Scoring in Breast Cancer Histology Slides Using Characteristic Curves. University of Edinburgh: Medical Image Understanding and Analysis, 11-13 Jul 2017. In Communications in Computer and Information Science 723: 386-397. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-60964-5_34.
- Mukundan R. (2017) Contour Based High Resolution 3D Mesh Construction Using HRCT and MRI Stacks. International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management 8(4): 60-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/IJMDEM.2017100104.