Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:
-identification of groundwater resources using non-invasive methods
-development of accurate numerical methods for elastic and poroelastic wave propagation, and the solution of related inverse problems
-full wave inversion
-distributed parameter inverse problems
-analytical techniques for classical boundary/initial value problems
-gravity and pumped water supply
- Dudley Ward NF., Lähivaara T. and Eveson S. (2017) A discontinuous Galerkin method for poroelastic wave propagation: The two-dimensional case. Journal of Computational Physics 350: 690-727. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2017.08.070.
- Cui T., Dudley Ward N., Eveson S. and Lähivaara T. (2016) Pragmatic Approach to Calibrating Distributed Parameter Groundwater Models from Pumping Test Data Using Adaptive Delayed Acceptance MCMC. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 21(2) 6015011: 12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001267.
- Rutter HK., Cox SC., Dudley Ward NF. and Weir JJ. (2016) Aquifer permeability change caused by a near-field earthquake, Canterbury, New Zealand. Water Resources Research 52(11): 8861-8878. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2015WR018524.
- Dudley Ward NF. (2015) Bulk Movement of Water Between Phreatic and Confined Aquifers Induced by Pumping. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 20(12) 6015004 http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/%28ASCE%29HE.1943-5584.0001221.
- Dudley Ward NF. (2015) On the mechanism of earthquake induced groundwater flow. Journal of Hydrology 530: 561-567. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2015.09.024.