Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:-Nanoparticle research: A continuous arc process has been designed developed and patented for making nanotubes more economically than at present. -Ball lightning research: Testing the theory that ball lightning is a collection of nanospheres of metal, resulting from a lightning strike on soil. The fine particles gradually oxidise in the air, and radiate over a lifetime of seconds or minutes.-Particle Aggregation, Motion of Particles in Vortex and Separated Flow: Areas of study include flows in the vortex breakdowns of cyclones, flow modelling, pressure drop prediction, the influence of cyclone entry geometry and measurement of residence times of solids passing through cyclones, notably those used for collection of drying particles.-Snow Avalanches: measurement and statistical description of shear strengths under slabs, shear zone propagation theory, mass transport & crystal metamorphosis in oscillating air flows, to understand causes of avalanches. Radar detection of cracks in snow.-Electrostatic behaviour of particles- Building nanostructures via charged nanoparticles
- Ngadi, N., Abrahamson, J., Fee, C. and Morison, K. (2010) QCM-D study of β-casein on silicate-PEG surfaces. Journal of Applied Sciences 10(24): 3343-3348.
- Gabites, JR., Abrahamson, J. and Winchester, JA. (2010) Air flow patterns in an industrial milk powder spray dryer. In Chemical Engineering Research and Design 88(7): 899-910. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2009.12.009.
- Bagga, P., Abrahamson, J. and Marshall, J. (2009) Measurement of electrostatic dipoles and net charge on particles suspended in air. In Advanced Powder Technology 20(3): 234-239. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apt.2009.03.002.
- Ngadi, N., Abrahamson, J., Fee, C. and Morison, K. (2009) Are PEG molecules a universal protein repellent? World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 37: 144-148.
- Ngadi, N., Abrahamson, J., Fee, CF. and Morison, KR. (2008) Study of adsorption kinetics and viscoelastic properties of proteins with QCM-D. Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE), 2/12/2008.