Qualifications & Memberships
I am an applied statistician with expertise in survey design, environmental monitoring, and analysis and detection of changes in populations over time. My interest is in using statistics to help address the environmental question. I am currently involved in research programmes on:• Detection and monitoring of invasive species (plant weed and pest species), • Detection and monitoring of rare and endangered species,• Development of adaptive sampling designs, • Integration of GIS in environmental science, and • Analysis and detection of trends in environmental-indicators.I am happy to provide advice on designing long term monitoring programmes. Please contact me by email.
- Abi N., Moradi M., Salehi M., Brown J., Al-Khayat JA. and Moltchanova E. (2017) Application of Balanced Acceptance Sampling to an Intertidal Survey. Journal of Landscape Ecology 10(1): 96-107. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/jlecol-2017-0012.
- Carah N., Meurk C., Males M. and Brown JA. (2017) Emerging social media “platform” approaches to alcohol marketing: a comparative analysis of the activity of the top 20 Australian alcohol brands on Facebook (2012-2014). Critical Public Health http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09581596.2017.1282154 or http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09581596.2017.1282154.
- Kermorvant C., Caill-Milly N., D'Amico F., Bru N., Sanchez F., Lissardy M. and Brown J. (2017) Optimization of a survey using spatially balanced sampling: a single-year application of clam monitoring in the Arcachon Bay (SW France). Aquatic Living Resources 30: 37-37. http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/alr/2017036.
- Panahbehagh B. and Brown J. (2017) Gap-based inverse sampling. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods 46(19): 9651-9661. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03610926.2016.1217022.
- Robertson BL., McDonald T., Price CJ. and Brown JA. (2017) A modification of Balanced Acceptance Sampling. Statistics and Probability Letters http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2017.05.004.