Dynamic systems modelling and control applied to medicine and structures, with focus on intensive / acute care medicine and earthquake engineering
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: - dynamic systems and control - biomedical and physiological systems modelling - intensive and critical care medicine - system identification - sensors and sensor design - signal processing - finite element methods - smart structures and devices - structural health monitoring (SHM) - civil structural control (active, semi-active and passive) - smart product design
- Chase JG., Preiser JC., Dickson JL., Pironet A., Chiew YS., Pretty CG., Shaw GM., Benyo B., Moeller K. and Safaei S. (2018) Next-generation, personalised, model-based critical care medicine: A state-of-the art review of in silico virtual patient models, methods, and cohorts, and how to validation them. BioMedical Engineering OnLine 17(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12938-018-0455-y.
- Chiew YS., Tan CP., Chase JG., Chiew YW., Desaive T., Ralib AM. and Mat Nor MB. (2018) Assessing mechanical ventilation asynchrony through iterative airway pressure reconstruction. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 157: 217-224. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2018.02.007.
- Davidson S., Pretty C., Kamoi S., Desaive T. and Chase JG. (2018) Beat-by-Beat Estimation of the Left Ventricular Pressure–Volume Loop Under Clinical Conditions. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 46(1): 171-185. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10439-017-1947-9.
- Langdon R., Docherty PD., Mansell EJ. and Chase JG. (2018) Accurate and precise prediction of insulin sensitivity variance in critically ill patients. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control 39: 327-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2017.08.010.
- Othman NA., Docherty PD., Krebs JD., Bell DA. and Chase JG. (2018) The Need to Calculate Target Glucose Levels When Measuring Changes in Insulin Sensitivity During Interventions for Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes.. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology : 1932296817750402. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1932296817750402.