Dynamic systems modelling and control applied to medicine and structures, with focus on intensive / acute care medicine and earthquake engineering
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: - dynamic systems and control - biomedical and physiological systems modelling - intensive and critical care medicine - system identification - sensors and sensor design - signal processing - finite element methods - smart structures and devices - structural health monitoring (SHM) - civil structural control (active, semi-active and passive) - smart product design
- Langdon R., Docherty PD., Mansell EJ. and Chase JG. (2018) Accurate and precise prediction of insulin sensitivity variance in critically ill patients. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control 39: 327-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2017.08.010.
- Alsweiler J., Williamson K., Bloomfield F., Chase G. and Harding J. (2017) Computer-determined dosage of insulin in the management of neonatal hyperglycaemia (HINT2): protocol of a randomised controlled trial.. BMJ Open 7(3): e012982. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012982.
- Burakevych N., Mckinlay CJD., Alsweiler JM., Wouldes TA. and Harding JE. (2017) Bayley-III motor scale and neurological examination at 2 years do not predict motor skills at 4.5 years. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 59(2): 216-223. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/dmcn.13232.
- Chase JG. and Dickson JL. (2017) Traversing the valley of glycemic control despair. Critical Care 21(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13054-017-1824-9.
- Chase JG., Benyo B., Cinar A., Desaive T., Leonhardt S. and Tsuzuki M. (2017) Editorial. Control Engineering Practice 58: 260-261. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2016.11.004.