My research is primarily in the area of Number Theory, which is the discipline that studies properties of the integers. In particular, I study Diophantine equations, which are polynomial equations in many variables whose solutions are sought among the integers. Algebraic Geometry is the area of Mathematics that studies the geometric objects defined by polynomial equations and they play a fundamental role in my research. A spinoff of this research consists of applications to Cryptography (the study of encryption, which protects information from malicious attacks) and Coding Theory (which is the study of methods for protecting telecommunication against random errors).
- Bretèche RDL., Sha M., Shparlinski IE. and Voloch JF. (2018) The Sato-Tate Distribution in Thin Parametric Families of Elliptic Curves. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00209-018-2042-0.
- Creutz B. and Voloch JF. (2017) Local-global principles for Weil-Chatelet divisibility in positive characteristic. Mathematical Proceedings 163(2): 357-367. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0305004117000032.
- Ulmer D. and Voloch JF. (2017) On the number of rational points on special families of curves over function fields. New Zealand Journal of Mathematics 47: 1-7. http://nzjm.math.auckland.ac.nz/ index.php/ On_the_Number_of_Rational_Points_on_Special_Families_of_Curves_over_Function_Fields.
- Amerik E., Kurlberg P., Nguyen KD., Towsley A., Viray B. and Voloch JF. (2016) Evidence for the dynamical Brauer-Manin criterion. Experimental Mathematics 25(1): 54-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10586458.2015.1056889.
- Patrikis S., Voloch JF. and Zarhin YG. (2016) Anabelian geometry and descent obstructions on moduli spaces. Algebra and Number Theory 10(6): 1191-1219. http://dx.doi.org/10.2140/ant.2016.10.1191.