A model should be as simple as possible but not simpler ...
My research interests include (but are not limited to) the understanding of how traffic flow systems operate given complex interactions between different vehicle types (buses, trucks, cars), how emerging data collected from new sensors such as Bluetooth and GPS can be used to provide and monitor traffic conditions in short-term, and the investigation of the fundamental changes in dynamics of our future transport systems where a significant proportion of driverless cars are available via the development of connected and autonomous systems. Besides, I am also participating in the following professional organizations in the field:1) EPSRC (the UK research council) peer review college: member since 2012; 2) Transportmetrica A: associate editor since 2016; 3)Transportmetrica B: associate editor since 2013; 4) Mathematical Problems in Engineering: editorial board member since 2012; 5) The Open Transportation Journal: editorial board member since 2016; 6) The Open Civil Engineering Journal: editorial board member since 2017
- Lee S., Ngoduy D. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2018) Multi-lane stochastic continuous car-following model considering discretionary lane- changing manoeuvres. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Ngoduy D., Lee S. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2018) A coupled stochastic car-following model using Langevin method. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Ahmed A., Watling D. and Ngoduy D. (2017) Optimization of traffic signal control based on real-time estimated traffic state. Napoli, Italy: The 5th International Conference on Models and Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems, 26-28 Jun 2017.
- Hoang HN., Vu HL., Panda M. and Ngoduy D. (2017) An information model for real-time adaptive routing in the dynamic system optimal assignment problem. Networks and Spatial Economics
- Islam T., Vu HL., Panda M. and Ngoduy D. (2017) A study of realistic dynamic traffic assignment with signal control, time-scale, and emission. Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations