A model should be as simple as possible but not simpler ...
My research interests include (but are not limited to) the understanding of how traffic flow systems operate given complex interactions between different vehicle types (buses, trucks, cars), how emerging data collected from new sensors such as Bluetooth and GPS can be used to provide and monitor traffic conditions in short-term, and the investigation of the fundamental changes in dynamics of our future transport systems where a significant proportion of driverless cars are available via the development of connected and autonomous systems. Besides, I am also participating in the following professional organizations in the field:1) EPSRC (the UK research council) peer review college: member since 2012; 2) Transportmetrica A: associate editor since 2016; 3)Transportmetrica B: associate editor since 2013; 4) Mathematical Problems in Engineering: editorial board member since 2012; 5) The Open Transportation Journal: editorial board member since 2016; 6) The Open Civil Engineering Journal: editorial board member since 2017
- Jia D., Ngoduy D. and Vu H. (2018) A multiclass microscopic model for heterogeneous platoon with vehicle-to-vehicle communication. Transportmetrica B: Transport Dynamics http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21680566.2018.1434021.
- Lee S., Ngoduy D. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2018) Multi-lane stochastic continuous car-following model considering discretionary lane- changing manoeuvres. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Ngoduy D., Lee S. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2018) A coupled stochastic car-following model using Langevin method. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies
- Zhao W., Liu R. and Ngoduy D. (2018) A bi-level programming model for autonomous intersection control and trajectory planning. Transportmetrica A: Transport Science SI in Connected Traffic Systems
- Zhao W., Liu R. and Ngoduy D. (2018) A model for autonomous intersection control and trajectory planning using a bi-level programming method. Washington DC: Transportation Research Boards Annual Meetings, 1 Jan 2018. In Transportation Research Record