Qualifications & Memberships
Research interest is the development and application novel statistic methods to environmental, scientific, medical and industrial problems. My current main interest ares is in extreme value modelling, but am also interested in many areas of statistical modelling, biostatistics, nonparametric statistics, spectral analysis and spatial statistics.
- Coote S., Uszynski M., Herring MP., Hayes S., Scarrott C., Newell J., Gallagher S., Larkin A. and Motl RW. (2017) Effect of exercising at minimum recommendations of the multiple sclerosis exercise guideline combined with structured education or attention control education - secondary results of the step it up randomised controlled trial. BMC Neurology 17(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12883-017-0898-y.
- Hayes S., Uszynski MK., Motl RW., Gallagher S., Larkin A., Newell J., Scarrott C. and Coote S. (2017) Randomised controlled pilot trial of an exercise plus behaviour change intervention in people with multiple sclerosis: The Step it Up study. BMJ Open 7(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016336.
- Morton SE., Chiew YS., Pretty C., Moltchanova E., Scarrott C., Redmond D., Shaw GM. and Chase JG. (2017) Effective sample size estimation for a mechanical ventilation trial through Monte-Carlo simulation: Length of mechanical ventilation and Ventilator Free Days. Mathematical Biosciences 284: 21-31. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mbs.2016.06.001.
- Alvarez-Iglesias A., Newell J., Scarrott C. and Hinde J. (2015) Summarising censored survival data using the mean residual life function. Statistics in Medicine 34(11): 1965-1976. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sim.6431.
- Fryer S., Stoner L., Lucero A., Witter T., Scarrott CJ., Dickson T., Cole M. and Draper N. (2015) Haemodynamic Kinetics and Intermittent Finger Flexor Performance in Rock Climbers. International Journal of Sports Medicine 30(2): 137-142. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1385887.