Qualifications, Memberships & Awards
Research interests include the development of methodology for the valuation of plantations, modelling of forest estates to incorporate wood and non-wood benefits and log and wood quality & linkage to products and markets.
- Manley B. and Evison D. (2018) An estimate of carbon stocks for harvested wood products from logs exported from New Zealand to China. Biomass and Bioenergy 113: 55-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2018.03.006.
- Manley B. (2017) Forecasting the effect of carbon price and log price on the afforestation rate in New Zealand. Journal of Forest Economics : 9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfe.2017.11.002.
- Manley B. and Evison DC. (2017) Quantifying the carbon in harvested wood products from logs exported from New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 62(3): 36-44.
- Manley B. and Niquidet K. (2017) How does real option value compare with Faustmann value when log prices follow fractional Brownian motion? Forest Policy and Economics 85(1): 76-84. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2017.08.017.
- Manley B., Morgenroth J., Visser R. and Final year BForSc students. (2017) Quantifying the small-scale owners' estate in Canterbury, Otago and Southland. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 62(3): 24-32.