Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:-Techniques for road accident analysis, reduction and prevention-Evaluation of transportation projects, traffic management schemes and traffic control measures-Lifeline engineering and the reliability of transportation networks-Development and application of probabilistic methods for transportation systems analysis
- Nicholson, A. (2015) Travel time reliability benefits: Allowing for correlation. Research in Transportation Economics 49: 14-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.retrec.2015.04.002.
- Koorey, G., McMillan, S. and Nicholson, A. (2015) Incident Management and Network Performance. Transportation Research Procedia 6: 3-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2015.03.002.
- Kuhn, Kenneth. and Nicholson, Alan. (2011) Traffic Flow Forecasting and Spatial Data Aggregation. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2260: 16-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.3141/2260-03.
- Daniel, BD., Nicholson, A. and Koorey, G. (2011) Analysing speed profiles for the estimation of speed on traffic-calmed streets. Road and Transport Research Journal 20(4): 55-70.
- Nicholson, AJ. (2007) Road network unreliability: Impact assessment and mitigation. International Journal of Critical Infrastructures 3(3-4): 346-375. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJCIS.2007.014115.