Qualifications & Memberships
My main research and supervision areas are:DESIGN, ANALYSIS AND MANUFACTURING: lean, minimisation of waste, plant simulation, production engineering, environmental issues, life cycle assessment, engineering design, commissioning.INDUSTRIAL R&D: Specific research in industrial areas as the need arises. Examples are manufacture of wire fencing, internal combustion engine, food processing plant, solar desalination. BOBBIN FRICTION STIR WELDING: process optimisation, defect formation mechanisms, internal flow.ENGINEERING PROFESSION: engineering management, ethics, communication, graduate attributes, didactic implications. ENGINEERING SAFETY: design for safety, health & safety, risk, reliability engineering, human error. BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING: clinical engineering, musculoskeletal biomechanics, medical devices. SYSTEMS ENGINEERING: requirements analysis, engineering project management, V processes, commissioning.FOUNDATIONAL MECHANICS: physics theory development at the sub-particle level (no supervision offered). See list of publications for examples of outputs. Potential postgraduate students - see the topics below or suggest your own in related areas.Nga mihi
- Liu D., Pons DJ. and Wong EH. (2017) Creep-integrated fatigue equation for metals. International Journal of Fatigue 98 C: 167-175. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2016.11.030.
- J. Pons D., D. Pons A. and J. Pons A. (2016) Entropy at the Level of Individual Particles: Analysis of Maxwell’s Agent with a Hidden-Variable Theory. Journal of Modern Physics 07(10): 1277-1295. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jmp.2016.710113.
- Liu D., Pons DJ. and Wong E-H. (2016) The Unified Creep-Fatigue Equation for Stainless Steel 316. Metals 6(9) ARTN 219 http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/met6090219.
- Pons D. (2016) Pike River Mine Disaster: Systems-Engineering and Organisational Contributions. Safety 2(4): 21-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/safety2040021.
- Pons D. (2016) Relative importance of professional practice and engineering management competencies.