My research interests include investigating the effectiveness of interventions for children with autism spectrum disorder. This includes research into preference-enhanced communication systems, treatments for sleep disturbance in children with autism, the effects of video self-modelling, and Functional Behavioural Assessment.
- McLay L., France K., Blampied N., Danna K. and Hunter J. (2017) Using Functional Behavioral Assessment to Develop a Multicomponent Treatment for Sleep Problems in a 3-Year-Old Boy with Autism. Clinical Case Studies 16(3): 254-270. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1534650116688558.
- McLay L., Schäfer MCM., van der Meer L., Couper L., McKenzie E., O Reilly MF., Lancioni GE., Marschik PB., Sigafoos J. and Sutherland D. (2017) Acquisition, Preference and Follow-up Comparison Across Three AAC Modalities Taught to Two Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education 64(2): 117-130. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1034912X.2016.1188892.
- McLay LK., Blampied NM. and France K. (2016) The use of functional behavioural assessment to plan effective interventions for sleep disturbance in children with ASD.. Wellington, New Zealand: Autism New Zealand Conference, 19-20 Aug 2016
- McLay LK., France K. and Blampied NM. (2016) Using functional behavioural assessment to inform the treatment of sleep disturbance in three children with sleep interfering vocal stereotypy. Melbourne, Australia: World Congress of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies, 22-25 Jun 2016
- McLay LK., France K. and Green Jr T. (2016) Investigating the use of functional behavioural assessment to plan effective interventions for sleep disturbance in children with autism spectrum disorder. Chicago, IL, USA: Association Applied Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) Convention, 27-31 May 2016