Teacher Aide and Education Support
The Certificate in Learning Support (CertLS) provides the knowledge and skills needed to support children's education from early childhood through to early secondary school. These skills provide essential support to children and young people with a range of learning and behavioural needs in both educational and community settings.
It is designed for:
- People working, or wishing to work, as teacher aides or community support workers supporting children with disabilities and young people in a variety of educational and community settings.
- Parents who are assisting or seeking to assist teaching staff.
To study the certificate you must meet UC's entry requirements.
The CertLS can be completed full time over one semester (February to June) or part time over a maximum of 3 years. Either option is available through distance learning only. This means you will need to have regular access to a computer with broadband internet in order to access your online course materials.
- For more information see the Qualifications website
- For the full requirements see the Regulations for the Certificate in Learning Support
Enrolments open in October each year and courses run February to June. Please refer to our website for full enrolment details.
Graduates of the Certificate in Learning Support could work as:
- Teacher aides in early childhood centres and primary, intermediate, area and secondary schools
- Parent helpers in schools and early childhood centres
- Community support workers in a range of education and community settings.
For more information
Contact the Liaison Office