Leading Literacy Learning
Download a printable Leading Literacy Learning course flyer
Who should attend?
Teachers and leaders of years 1-8. Schools are invited to send their literacy leaders or teachers with a passion for leading literacy.
The key focus of this series of four workshops is to provide a community of learners for literacy leaders. In these workshops we will focus on the role of literacy leaders to inspire others, and lead change in their school. We will draw on up-to-date literacy leadership research and practice. The workshops are suitable for experienced literacy leaders, those new to the role and those chosen as an in-school leader within a Kāhui Ako and those across school leadership positions in a Kāhui Ako. The content and focus will be similar to that presented last year.
In this series of workshops, participants will:
- explore current research about leadership and how to develop your leadership within or across schools
- examine current research on literacy and consider how the transfer of this knowledge impacts on your leadership role
- become familiar with the instructional strategies and adaptive teaching that supports acceleration for students who are not at curriculum expectation and reflect on these in relation to literacy practice in your school
- reflect on the identities, languages and cultures in your school and the way in which your literacy programme reflects the lives of your students, their whānau and community
- undertake a school literacy needs analysis and plan how the strengths and needs of teachers are both recognised and addressed
- consider how literacy across the curriculum drives your teachers planning and teaching of literacy learning and affords students multiple opportunities to learn
- examine your schools current assessment, moderation and overall teacher judgement processes to ensure they are both robust and have rigour.
All workshops run from 12.45pm to 4.00pm, starting with a light lunch.
- Thursday 1 June
- Thursday 29 June
- Thursday 17 August
- Thursday 21 September
Wheki 205, UC Dovedale Campus, Dovedale Avenue, Christchurch
UC Education Plus Literacy Facilitators. Presenters offer a wealth of expertise in classroom teaching, leadership roles and through their work as literacy facilitators.
$450 excluding GST. Lunch is provided.
Online enrolment has closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this course.