We strive to improve student achievement and engagement through the use of effective professional learning and development.
UC Education Plus provides PLD and advice to educators within the Primary, Secondary and Early Childhood sectors throughout New Zealand. Our team of expert facilitators work with leaders and teachers to support evidence-based inquiry that accelerates achievement and improves outcomes for all learners.
Support is available at individual, team, whole school and CoL levels through centrally-funded PLD and workshops, consultancy and short courses, and principal and leadership appraisals. Cultural responsiveness, teaching as inquiry, and pedagogical content knowledge underpin all services we provide.
Using both face-to-face and online activities, we work with schools in a flexible and responsive way to support:
- implementation of Government initiatives - The New Zealand Curriculum, National Standards for Literacy and Numeracy, Self-Review Tools, Ka Hikitia and the Pasifika Education Plan
- building, enhancing and sustaining professional learning communities within and between schools
- engaging in in-depth professional learning and development.
UC Education Plus contracts
UC Education Plus provides professional development to teachers, schools and CoL through the following Ministry of Education contracts:
- Identifying and Nurturing Emerging Leaders in Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako
- National Leader: Programmes for Students (PfS), Accelerating Learning in Literacy (ALL)
- Programmes for Students (PfS): Accelerating Learning in Literacy (ALL) Mentoring and Support
- Programmes for Students (PfS): Accelerating Learning in Mathematics (ALiM) and Mathematics Support Teacher (MST) Mentoring and Support
- Strengthening Early Learning Opportunities (SELO): Māori Leadership
- Strengthening Early Learning Opportunities (SELO): Canterbury Pasifika Project
- Expert Partners Supporting Communities of Learning
- Reading Recovery
Mau ki te Ako
Mau ki te Ako is the umbrella under which several professional learning and development provision areas sit. Learn more about Mau ki te Ako.