Students who have a disability that will significantly impact on their performance in timed assessments can apply for special arrangements.
Special arrangements for examinations are generally set up, if required, when registering with our service. However you can make an application at any time, though there are restrictions around specific exam periods (see below).
The application is considered on behalf of the Academic Administration Committee and a resolution is made.
Types of special arrangements that may be provided include:
- Extra time
- Ergonomic furniture
- Use of computer
- Separate rooms
- Guidelines for using a reader-writer
How to apply
- You must register with the Disability Resource Service.
- Your Disability Resource Advisor will discuss the most appropriate special arrangements.
- Students'_responsibilities_for_Special Exam Arrangements 2018
- Be mindful that different cut-off dates apply for Bridging and Summer School examinations
Should you experience a temporary impairment and require support for your examinations after the cut-off date, please contact DRS immediately so we can help.