The Disability Resource Service offers a large number of supports to our registered students based on the medical evidence provided. While every attempt will be made to provide the support required as soon as possible, there may be delays in providing services or it may not be possible to provide every support required.
- Study support - accessible formats of information, Laboratory and field work assistance, Learn, Limited Full-Time Study, notetaking, research assistance, recording of lectures, resource rooms, sign language interpreting, word processing
- Exam support - examinations, departmental tests, mid-year and end-of-year exams
- Library assistance - alternative arrangements, accessible library spaces
- Scholarships - scholarships and funds for students with disabilities
- Assessments - Assessment providors for specific learning difficulties (SLD)
- Disabled parking (Parking website) - mobility parking, wheelchair taxis, bus services
- Parking maps (Parking website) - Disabled car parking and bus stop maps
- Temporary impairments - temporary impairment or temporary medical conditions in the lead up to tests or examinations
Re-registering with DRS
Each year you need to register with DRS to confirm and update the learning supports required to help facilitate your studies here at the University of Canterbury. You can re-register anytime from October in one year for the following year to avoid any delay in the implementation of supports.
Please email your Disability Resource Advisor or drop in to the office to make an appointment – you don’t need to have selected your courses for the next year before re-registering.
We are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm, including during Term Breaks.