Jobs with Disability Resource Service
Casual Job opportunities within DRS
The Disability Resource Service employs a number of casual staff to assist in the provision of learning supports to students registered with our service.
If you are a third year or post-graduate student interested in this type of work or looking for work here on campus (Ilam and Dovedale) then please apply. Complete an UC Application for Employment form (Doc) and return this by email, along with your CV and a copy of your Academic Transcript (an internal transcript is fine), to our Administrator. We offer a paid training session for all successful applicants.
We do one main recruitment each year and additional, more targeted, recruitment as required to meet the changing needs of students in certain subject areas/courses. If you are interested in being added to the contact list to be contacted for future recruitment please still email through your details as above.
- Test Supervisor - supervising examinations and tests for students with Exam Special Arrangements.
This is mostly evening work during the UC terms.
- Exam/Test Reader/Writer - acting as a reader/writer during tests and examinations for a student with Exam Special Arrangements.
This is mostly evening work during the UC terms and during the day for 2-3 weeks at the end of each semester.
- Peer notetaking - taking electronic notes (notes on a laptop) for a student during lectures, tutorials and labs.
Available during UC terms, allocated according to student needs and course requirements if no peer notetaker can be found. the needs for this fluctuate during each term. See the Become a peer notetaker page for more information.
- AFC formatting - formatting of lecture material, text books, research work and video transcriptions.
Those with a high typing speed of words/minute should apply and note this in their application email and CV for transcription work.
Those with experience in MathType, LaTeX and CorelDraw software applications should apply and specify this in their application email and CV.
- Other - assisting students in labs, research, the library or performing administrative tasks.
This is intermittent and by invitation from those already established in the casual pool of staff.
Please find information about the three main tasks for Casual Staff members in these guidelines (downloadable pdf):