Diploma in Adult Teaching and Learning* DipATL
The Diploma in Adult Teaching and Learning (DipATL) is for people who have an educational or training role with adults. This includes trainers, supervisors and support workers in industrial training organisations, sales settings, human resources, libraries and healthcare settings, and those working as teachers, trainers, tutors or mentors in tertiary institutions, voluntary organisations, community groups, vocational training and higher education.
Features of the diploma include:
- a welcoming environment for people who seek progress or gain employment in adult teaching and learning
- a learner-centred environment, with an experienced team of adult educators
- applied assignments which integrate on-the-job and practice-based learning
- the opportunity to use assignments to follow specific interests in the field
- opportunities to network with adult educators from a variety of settings.
Upon completion of this qualification you will be able to reflect on your practice, incorporating:
- knowledge of adult experiential learning and adult learning principles
- improved facilitation and communication techniques
- skills in planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating formal and informal learning
- knowledge of how to enhance your performance as an adult educator
- an understanding of issues related to adult development, life and work transitions.
*Not open for new enrolments in 2014
To study the diploma you must meet the entry requirements of the University.
New students will be accepted into the programme on a full-time basis subject to sufficient enrolments being received.
The diploma comprises eight compulsory courses (a minimum of 120 points).
For the full requirements see the Regulations for the Diploma in Adult Teaching and Learning (University Regulations website).