Search Courses by Course Code
- Type a four letter course code into the search box.
- Select the year in which you intend to study the course.
- Click the search button (or press 'Enter' on the key board)
Options you can enter in the search box
Enter either a correct course code, part of a search code or a word into the search box. The search is not case sensitive so you can enter lower or upper case.
The basics of searching for courses
Enter the correct four letter course code into the search box. For example, CHEM is the four letter course code for all Chemistry courses. You can also enter part of a code (e.g. CHEM or chem or CH).
You can also enter full words that correspond with a subject area. For example, you could enter chemistry because it is a specific subject taught at UC. Avoid words like science because they are too general and are not a specific subject taught at UC.
If you don’t add a course level number after the four letter course code, all courses for that subject area will display in the search results.
If you add a course level number to the four letter course code, like CHEM1, all courses for that level will display in the search results (eg, 100-level Chemistry courses.)
Course code finder (opens new window/tab)
A-Z list of all four letter course codes and corresponding subjects.
- In this example CHEM is the four letter course code entered in the search box.
- 2012 is the selected year.
How to make your search more specific
You can search for a specific course level (eg, CHEM1) or a specific course code (eg, CHEM111).
Search for a correct Course Code
- Enter a correct course code, eg, CHEM111
- Because there is only one occurrence of this course the results display the details for this occurrence.
- If more than one occurrence is offered the search results lists them ,eg CHEM111 is taught in semester one (1) and semester two (2)
- Click the underlined text to view details
Make sense of your search results explains how to understand and make the most of your search results.