Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology PGDipClinPsyc
This diploma is a professional qualification in Clinical Psychology.
A maximum of 10 people are selected each year. Selection is based on academic record, letters of recommendation, research interests and experience in social service work, broadly defined.
Candidates are required to have an MA, MSc or PhD in Psychology, or BA(Hons) or BSc(Hons) in Psychology and be enrolled in PhD.
Applications close on 30 September. Application information is available from the Department of Psychology website.
The course of study consists of:
- PSYC 641 Advanced Psychopathology
- PSYC 642 Interview and Psychometric Assessment Methods
- PSYC 643 Year 1 Practicum
- PSYC 651 Psychotherapeutic Methods
- PSYC 653 Year 2 Practicum
- PSYC 654 Comprehensive Exam in Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 661 Advanced Topics in Clinical Psychology I
- PSYC 662 Advanced Topics in Clinical Psychology II
- PSYC 670 Internship in Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 671 Internship in Psychology A - part-time
- PSYC 672 Internship in Psychology B - part-time
Two years of coursework and at least one year of practical work experience.
For full requirements see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (University Regulations website).