- Are you a currently enrolled student or UC graduate looking for a scholarship to fund your study or research? Did you know that a number of externally managed scholarships are advertised on UC CareerHub? You simply need to visit the website and enter "scholarships" under the job search function to find a list of those currently available.
University of Canterbury
- For scholarships and prizes that are managed by the University of Canterbury and for Universities New Zealand scholarships, please refer to the UC Scholarships page.
- Each UC college also lists scholarships and awards at undergraduate and postgraduate level:
- givMe is a searchable database which will give you matches of scholarships, awards and grants you are eligible for in terms of criteria, level of study and discipline along with closing dates, application requirements and contact details.
Please note: givMe is a subscription based database, but you can access it for free by going to http://www.fis.org.nz/databases/BreakOut.php and then selecting "Sample Search", or access the database through a range of subscribing schools, public libraries etc, such as Christchurch City Libraries. Anyone with a current address within the Christchurch / Banks Peninsula boundaries can join the library, including students living in student accommodation
- Ministry of Business, Information & Employment - Science & Innovation Group has information on funding.
- Te Pokai Tara - Universities New Zealand has information on scholarships for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate study.
- The Royal Society of New Zealand provides funding, competitions, medals and other honours supporting all disciplines of science, technology and the humanities.
- Careers New Zealand is linked to a range of providers of scholarships for Maori students.
- Te Kaupapa Matauranga Maori Mo Te Iwi Maori - Maori Education Trust has information on scholarships available for Maori students, including Manaaki Tauira scholarships.
- Te Tapuae O Rehua provide a database of scholarships available for Maori throughout New Zealand.
- The Ministry of Pacific Island Affairs lists scholarships available for Pasifika students.
- Teach NZ offer a range of scholarships for students who want to train and work as teachers.