- UC Centre for Entrepreneurship (UCE) is dedicated to students to fuel innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Entre is a UC run entrepreneurial organisation that aims to encourage innovation and educate students on the basic elements of business development.
- UC Research and Innovation – commercialisation for students contains information on the process you can follow if you have an idea or some research you think could have commercial applications.
- Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment contains a wealth of valuable information including: www.business.govt.nz and the Science & Innovation Group.
- PowerHouse Ventures is an intellectual property commercialisation company using private and public investment to develop new spin-out ventures sourced primarily from research partners such as universities and Crown Research Institutes. It is an affiliate of Incubators New Zealand.
- New Zealand Chamber of Commerce offer national and international networking opportunities.
- Business Mentors New Zealand is the leading business mentoring service provider to the SME (small to medium-sized enterprise) sector in New Zealand.
- Careers New Zealand has a range of steps outlining how to turn an idea into a successful business.
- Christchurch Small Business Enterprise Centre promote people-centred employment, economic and enterprise development in the Canterbury region.