Structural Engineering Laboratory (SEL)
The new Structural Engineering Laboratory (SEL) was officially opened by the Hon Steven Joyce on 15 April 2016. The facility will ensure our students are exposed to modern testing techniques that provide first-hand experience of the impact of seismic loadings on structures and soils.
The ability to observe real-time simulations of buildings undergoing seismic excitation will enhance the knowledge base of UC’s graduating structural engineers and provide the infrastructure for leading-edge research in this area.
College contact: Professor Jan Evans-Freeman, Pro-Vice Chancellor Engineering: +64 3 364 2708 / email
Project Manager: Gareth Jones, Senior Project Manager: +64 369 3217 ext 93217 / email
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: Completed July 2016
- Chemical and Process Engineering: Completed December 2016
- The Core: Completed February 2017
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering: Structures and Fluids Labs June 2017, Balance Sept 2017
- Mechanical Engineering: September 2017