Electrical and Computer Engineering Wing
The refurbished Electrical and Computer Engineering Wing opened for teaching and learning in June 2016.
The building is designed to display and celebrate the processes, techniques and teaching happening in that department, starting with a cluster of complex research laboratories located at the main entrance. Technical and non-technical spaces encourage interaction and engage passers by, and informal, flexible areas at the centre of the wing on both levels revolve around double-height spaces which allow an abundance of natural light to enter.
College contact: Professor Jan Evans-Freeman, Pro-Vice Chancellor Engineering: +64 3 364 2708 / email
Project Manager: Gareth Jones, Senior Project Manager: +64 369 3217 ext 93217 / email
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: Completed July 2016
- Chemical and Process Engineering: Completed December 2016
- The Core: Fourth quarter 2016
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering: First quarter 2017
- Mechanical Engineering: First quarter 2017