Chemical and Process Engineering Wing
The new Chemical and Process Engineering (CAPE) Wing, which replaces the old Denham building, welcomed its first students through the doors at the beginning of 2017.
As a new build, the wing provides a safe, transparent and inclusive learning environment, full of natural light, with a social heart and a strong academic curriculum that continues to build on the strengths of an already well-established facility.
Multi-purpose rooms are incorporated alongside a research laboratory, centrally located technician rooms for hands-on guidance and safety, and a briefing area at the entrance where a flexible teaching space encourages collaborative work.
Windows between the different laboratories, workshops and social areas provide unique opportunities to showcase activities occurring within the wing.
College contact: Professor Jan Evans-Freeman, Pro-Vice Chancellor Engineering: +64 3 364 2708 / email
Project Manager: Gareth Jones, Senior Project Manager: +64 369 3217 ext 93217 / email
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: Completed July 2016
- Chemical and Process Engineering: Completed December 2016
- The Core: Completed February 2017
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering: Structures and Fluids Labs June 2017, Balance Sept 2017
- Mechanical Engineering: September 2017