How to use your Canterbury Card
To use your card for after hours door access:
- Wave your Canterbury Card close to the proximity readers.
- If necessary, enter your PIN and press the in key. Your PIN is the four digit number you entered when you were issued your card. If you have forgotten your PIN contact the Security Office .
- The enter light will flash and you can open the door for entry.
- Exiting through most controlled doors is by a green push button beside the door or by waving the card at the reader provided.
The unit will display errors as follows:
- TRY AGAIN - light flashes and long beep: Wave the card again
- PIN REQUIRED - light flashes and long beep: Enter PIN code
- DISALLOWED - light flashes and long beep: You are not authorised to have access through that door
Report persistent card problems to the the Security Office
Faulty Canterbury Cards will be replaced free of charge. For more information please see Card replacement and Security.
Security and Safety: Do not permit others to "tail-gate" behind you as they may not be authorised to have access.
The Canterbury Card remains the property of the University of Canterbury. The University of Canterbury reserves the right to cancel or confiscate the Canterbury Card.