How to get your Canterbury Card
Before you can get your Canterbury Card, you must:
- Officially accept your enrolment offer
- Pay your fees (or make suitable arrangements, i.e. Student Loan approval has been received by the University)
You will then receive a “You are enrolled” notification, after which you can get your Canterbury Card. Card information may take up to 24 hours to load.
Canterbury Card location and hours
The Canterbury Card Office is located in the Security Office, 114 Ilam Road.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am–12.30pm and 1.00pm–4.30pm.
You need to bring with you
To get a Canterbury Card, you must produce one of the following photo identifications:
- Your previous student ID
- Your driver's licence
- Your passport
- Your passport photo*
You must supply a certified passport photo* and a four-digit PIN to the Security Office.
* Passport photos must have on the back:
- This statement: "certified as a true and correct likeness of [your full name]"
- The date, signature and designation of a Justice of the Peace, school principal or solicitor, along with this authoriser’s official stamp if available
Photos cannot be sent electronically.
Advancing distance and regional campus students unable to come to the Card Office
You need to request a card from the Security Office, including a four-digit PIN.
If you want an updated photo you must supply this as above.
The Canterbury Card remains the property of the University of Canterbury. The University of Canterbury reserves the right to cancel or confiscate the Canterbury Card.