Got a great idea?
UCE's Student Incubator Programme is the ideal place to nurture your social or commercial venture with access to mentoring from UCE staff and industry partners as well as support from like-minded entrepreneurs.
Our immersive environment means students gain entrepreneurial skills fast. Our industry sponsors and partners provide help with legal, financial and other professional services and our experienced staff are here to act as mentors.
We have a dedicated space for students in the programme and as well as taking part in UCE events, incubator participants have events just for them including:
- Weekly Educational Sessions on topics such as marketing, social media, sales, leadership, pitching and presentation skills, design thinking, intellectual property and business strategy development.
- Weekly meetings with other incubator students.
- Pitch battles once a term.
- Preferential entry to exclusive industry events on campus and around Christchurch.
- Networking opportunities.
- Annual bootcamp run over three days - think mini accelerator for your venture idea.
- You must be a UC student currently enrolled in at least one course.
If you have prior experience with developing an idea you must have done one of the following:
- Completed BSNS 290
- Are an entré $85K qualifying team
- Have participated in another incubator programme
If you do not have previous experience developing an idea you must:
- Attend a UCE bootcamp
- Meet with Michelle twice in one month with progress evident
All applicants must make a presentation to a panel of selectors.
For all enquiries
get in touch with UCE