UCE Deloitte Business Case Competition 2018
Do you see yourself leading a company one day - CEO? CFO? Start that journey with a Business Case Competition.
Want to supercharge your CV and stand out from the rest? Get a leg up with a Business Case Competition.
Do you love coming up with strategic solutions to business problems? Sign up now for the UCE Deloitte Business Case Competition.
The UCE Deloitte Business Case Competition is a great way to hone your skills. It is one of the best ways to kick-start a career in consulting and professional services.
Some of the world’s brightest students (people like you) are taking part in Business Case Competitions all over the world. Case Competitions develop and test your skills as an innovative, creative and critical thinker.
At each 90-minute case competition you will:
Develop your skills - Case competitions are an opportunity hone your business skills. This includes hard skills like strategic and financial analysis as well as soft skills like teamwork and communication.
Analyse the case - In the afternoon the team receives a 'case' - often developed around a real-world company.
Prepare a strategy - As a team, you have 90 minutes hour to pull the case apart. You develop an innovative, creative and workable strategy for the company to put in place.
Pitch your concept - At the end of the competition, you present your strategy to a panel of judges (this sometimes includes a representative of the company at the centre of the case)
Top performers at UC competitions are selected to travel to national and international case competitions - a perfect opportunity to prove yourself and grow your professional networks. Several past competitors have received job offers as a direct result of attending these national competitions.
Set yourself apart from the crowd by being part of this professional development opportunity!
Sign up now and you will be able to attend workshops run by professionals from Deloitte and compete against other teams at UC.
The next contest is on the 29th of May.
Schedule for 29 May
3.30 pm *Optional* "How to case comp - an introduction to Business Case Competitions" - Discussion, Questions, and Answers
3.50 - 4.00 Team formation
4.00 - 5.30 90 minute Case Competition
5.30 - 6.00 Presentations
6.00 - Pizza!
What is a case competition?
- The case competition involves working with your team (4 people) to analyse a business case and make recommendations to the organisation the case is focused on. The judging panel stands in for the board of directors or executive team of the organisation - you have to convince them that your strategy will effectively deliver the goods!
How long do we present?
- Each team will present for 5 minutes and answer questions from the judges for 3 minutes.
How many people in a team?
- You compete in teams of 4.
Can I signup with a friend?
- Yes, you just have to make sure each individual fills in this form and names the people you are signing up with. You can sign up as an individual, with a friend or two, and as a whole team of 4. Encourage your friends and classmates to sign up.
Are there any restrictions on age/degree/field etc?
- There are no restrictions on entry into the UC competition - any UC student can compete. National and International competitions may have restrictions. The SDS Nationals require you to be an undergraduate and less than 25 years old.
You can sign up as an individual and we will find you a team. Or you can form your own team and sign up together. Sign up right now via this form!
If you have any questions drop into the Centre for Entrepreneurship (Forestry Building) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries
get in touch with UCE