Alumni and Events
As a member of the EDP alumni you will enjoy an ongoing relationship with your fellow graduates. A number of events are run throughout the year, bringing together alumni networks of business leaders and graduates and facilitating the exchange of ideas and expertise.
We provide personal and professional development opportunities to support you in your career progression.
Thought Leadership Series
Leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad feature in our Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students and alumni are invited to be inspired by innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Hear from leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad in our premiere Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students and alumni are invited to be inspired with innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Previous speakers have included:
- Barbara Chapman, Chief Executive of ASB
- Christopher Luxon, CEO of Air New Zealand
- Garry Diack, CEO of Tait Communications
- John Spence, International Business Thought Leader (watch video)
- Geoff White, CEO of Trade Aid (watch video)
- Andrew Shaw, Partner Lane Neave
- Raj Sisodia, Conscious Capitalism
- Brian Lee, CFO of Smiths City
- Anthony Leighs, Leighs Construction
- Rick Hellings, CEO of Smiths City
- Joel Bamford, Senior Economist for Commerce Commission
- Doug Hastie, CEO of Syft Techologies, founder Chanui Tea
- Rob Jamieson, CEO of Orion New Zealand Ltd
- Jim Boult, CEO of Christchurch International Airport
- Steve Hampson, CEO of powerHouse Ventures Ltd
- Dave Clive, Assistant Commissioner (South) of New Zealand Police
- Brett Anderson, CEO of Christchurch Casino
- Dr Allan Freeth, CEO of TelstraClear
- Roger Sutton, Chief Executive of CERA
- Nicki Crauford, CEO of Institute of Directors
- Rod Quin, CEO of Westland Milk Products
Launch of the new Canterbury MBA Graduate Association
When: Thursday 30 November 2017
Time: 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Where: The University of Canterbury Club, Ilam Homestead, 87 Ilam Road, Christchurch
What if you could recapture the energy and vigour of those amazing days (and nights) of MBA study!
Please come along and help launch the new Canterbury MBA Graduate Association. This is an informal opportunity to meet up with grads and staff of over 32 years of MBA, DipBA, and GradDipBA classes
Please register for this free event here
A handful of past and present MBA students have formed an independent Board to develop a new Canterbury MBA Graduate Association. We are working quietly toward re-connecting with over 800 people who have enjoyed the same love/hate, high/low, hot/cold and invigorating/exhausting experiences at UC. We are planning a varied programme of events. Some events will be informal and simply a catch up time. Others will be really exclusive opportunities to learn and upskill alongside current students.
Canterbury MBA Graduate Association have an active LinkedIn page and EDP has a YouTube channel and utilises the college Facebook page.
Learn from our students' experiences
'The motivation for doing the MBA is to widen my knowledge of leadership and to develop into a well-rounded businessman...'
'I had reached a point where I really wanted to stretch myself both personally and professionally...'