My research interests are in indigenous and environmental rights to natural resources in comparative contexts. I have a particular interest in indigenous rights to water in Australasia and Latin America.
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Beyond Recognition: Lessons from Chile for allocating indigenous water rights in Australia. University of New South Wales Law Journal 40(3): 1130-1169.
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Culture and nature in the legal rights of rivers: Cases from Aotearoa New Zealand and Colombia. University of Otago: Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, 6-9 Dec 2017
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Legal Rights for the Río Atrato. University of Melbourne: New developments in the legal status of rivers, 11-11 Aug 2017
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Morgera and Kulovesi, Research Handbook on International Law and Natural Resources (Edward Elgar, 2016). New Zealand Yearbook of International Law(forthcoming): 1,800 words. [Book Review].
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Personifying Water: Legal Rights for Rivers in New Zealand and Colombia. University of Waikato: Thomson Reuters New & Emerging Scholars Symposium, 1-1 Nov 2017