My research interests are in indigenous and environmental rights to natural resources in comparative contexts. I have a particular interest in indigenous rights to water in Australasia and Latin America.
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Beyond Recognition: Lessons from Chile for allocating indigenous water rights in Australia. University of New South Wales Law Journal 40(3): 1130-1169.
- Macpherson EJ. (2017) Morgera and Kulovesi, Research Handbook on International Law and Natural Resources (Edward Elgar, 2016). New Zealand Yearbook of International Law(forthcoming): 1,800 words. [Book Review].
- Macpherson EJ., Holley, Cameron., Godden, Lee., O'Donnell, Erin., Owens, Katherine., Carmody, Erin. and O'Neil, Lily. (2017) SUBMISSION TO THE PRODUCTIVITY COMMISSION INQUIRY INTO THE REFORM OF AUSTRALIA'S WATER RESOURCES SECTOR. : 1-9.
- Macpherson EJ., O'Donnell E. and Clavijo Ospina F. (2017) Personifying water: Legal rights for rivers in New Zealand and Colombia. Water Law December 2017(forthcoming)
- Macpherson EJ., O'Neill L., Godden L. and O'Donnell E. (2017) Lessons from Australian water reforms: Indigenous and environmental values in market-based water regulation. In Holley C; Sinclair D (Ed.), Reforming Water Law and Governance: 30.Springer.