Associate ProfessorLindaJean Kenix
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests focus broadly on the representation of marginal groups in mass media, with a particular emphasis on the news. Her research gives specific attention to the agenda setting function of both mass and alternative media in the process of social change.
- Kenix, LJ. (2011) Alternative and Mainstream Media: The Converging Spectrum. London and New York: Bloomsbury Academic. http://dx.doi.org/10.5040/9781849665421.
- Gustafson, KL. and Kenix, LJ. (2016) Visually Framing Press Freedom and Responsibility of a Massacre: Photographic and Graphic Images in Charlie Hebdo's Newspaper Front Pages Around the World. Visual Communication Quarterly 23(3): 147-160. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15551393.2016.1190623.
- Kenix, LJ. (2016) A straight gay wedding? News images of same-sex marriage in the mainstream and alternative New Zealand press. Communication, Politics and Culture 49(2): 25-49.
- Kenix, LJ. (2016) Journalistic boundary work at a time of professional crisis. Australian Journalism Review 38(1): 19-32.
- Kenix, LJ. (2015) Culture as Constitutive: An Exploration of Audience and Journalist Perceptions of Journalism in Samoa. Communication, Culture and Critique 8(1): 37-54.