Qualifications & Awards
Currently researching the history of Maori in Rugby League and Sport. Relevance of class, class differences, Maori influence, whanau and development in Rugby League. Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Colonisation and Maori.
- Borell PJ. (2017) Whāia te ngākau ō Māui: Aotahi, Māui Lab and how we can benefit the world. Nagano University, Ueda, Japan: Invited guest lecture, 17 Jun 2017.
- Borell PJ. (2017) Tāonga Tākaro: Kiorahi for hauora. Christchurch: Kotahi Mano Wāwata, 16 Sep 2017
- Borell PJ. and Kahi HK. (2017) Sport, Leisure and Culture in Māori Society. In Spracklen K; Lashua B; Sharpe E; Swain S (Ed.), The Palgrave Handbook of Leisure TheorySpringer.
- Borell PJ., Hall M., Adds P. and Ross M. (2017) Understanding the uncomfortable kōkako: the challenge of applying threshold concepts in Māori studies. SOTL in the South 1(1): 91-107.
- Borell P. and Macfarlane A. (2016) Dual discourses of sport and education: An effectual blend for Māori development. In Light RL (Ed.), Children, young people and sport: Studies on experience and meaning Christchurch: Cambridge Scholars Press.