Qualifications & Awards
Currently researching the history of Maori in Rugby League and Sport. Relevance of class, class differences, Maori influence, whanau and development in Rugby League. Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Colonisation and Maori.
- Borell P. and Macfarlane A. (2016) Dual discourses of sport and education: An effectual blend for Māori development. In Light RL (Ed.), Children, young people and sport: Studies on experience and meaning Christchurch: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- McMeeking S., Borell P., Williams M. and Mclean J. (2016) Transition Pathway for Māori Women Post Prison.Commissioned by Te Putahitanga.
- Borell P. (2015) Changing of the Guard 2: The Poly-Saturation of the Australian National Rugby League. Christchurch, New Zealand: Maori Research Colloquium, 3-3 Jul 2015
- Borell P. (2015) Changing of the guard: A shift in power dynamics in the Australian NationalRugby League. Kobe, Japan: 6th Annual Asian Conference on the Social Science, 11-14 Jun 2015
- Borell P. (2015) Politicized and polarised: The ‘dark’ side of New Zealand sport. Palmerston North, New Zealand: NZPSA Conference, 30 Nov-2 Dec 2015