Research interests include the interface between Matauranga Maori/indigenous knowledge and science; Traditional Maori games and sports; Maori sports
- Borell PJ. and Kahi HK. (2017) Sport, Leisure and Culture in Māori Society. In Spracklen K; Lashua B; Sharpe E; Swain S (Ed.), The Palgrave Handbook of Leisure TheorySpringer.
- Kahi HK. (2017) Heart of Dark(y)ness:?Negotiating race and racism in New Zealand rugby: Club rugby players talk rugby. Christchurch. University of Canterbury.
- Kahi H. (2015) Raising Boy: Reviewing Māori Fourth World Cinema. Monash University, Melbourne, Australia: Cinema at the End of the World Conference, 16-19 Nov 2015
- Kahi H. (2015) The Hīnaki: Dynamics of the Christchurch Rebuild in the Neighbourhood. Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand: New Zealand Political Studies Association, 30 Nov-2 Dec 2015
- Kahi H. (2014) Take it like a Man: Culture, Youth and Masculinity in Rugby League. Oxford, UK: 3rd Global Conference: Sport, Probing the Boundaries, 30 Aug-1 Sep 2014