Qualifications & Memberships
Nikki Evans has been a teaching academic in the Department of Human Services and Social Work at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand since 1998. Her research interests include youth violence; animal-assisted intervention and therapy; narrative and family therapy; and sexuality and social work practice. Nikki’s practice career has involved working as a senior therapist with adolescents who have engaged in sexually abusive behaviour and she has been involved in reviewing and writing programmes for youth for various providers. Nikki has recently co-authored a series of children’s story books that examine problems such as anxiety and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.Nikki has researched and published in the area of human-animal relationships. She has recently begun work on a project that looks at people’s relationships with companion animals following the onset of the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Evans N., Evans Pollock B. and Evans Pollock R. (2012) Eloise, Jerome and Roger Featherer. Christchurch: Hopscotch Print. 32pp.
- Evans N., Evans Pollock B. and Evans Pollock R. (2012) Eloise, Manu and the Nose Hair Breathing. Christchurch: Hopscotch Print. 16pp.
- Evans N. and Evans Pollock R. (2011) Eloise, Manu and Room 20 know ALL about being Turtles. Christchurch: Hopscotch Print. 24pp.
- Evans N. and Evans Pollock B. (2010) Eloise, Jerome, and the Jitterbugs. Christchurch: Canterbury Educational Printing Services: Hopscotch Print. 60pp.
- Evans N. and Evans Pollock B. (2008) Eloise's Excellent Experiment. Christchurch: Hopscotch Print. 36pp.