Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests focus broadly on the representation of marginal groups in mass media, with a particular emphasis on the news. Her research gives specific attention to the agenda setting function of both mass and alternative media in the process of social change.
- Kenix LJ. (2011) Alternative and Mainstream Media: The Converging Spectrum. London and New York: Bloomsbury Academic. 216pp. http://dx.doi.org/10.5040/9781849665421.
- Kenix LJ. (2016) A straight gay wedding? News images of same-sex marriage in the mainstream and alternative New Zealand press. Communication, Politics and Culture 49(2): 25-49. http://gr2tq4rz9x.search.serialssolutions.com/?issn=2200-6796&spage=25&volume=49&issue=2&date=2016.
- Kenix LJ. (2016) Journalistic boundary work at a time of professional crisis. Australian Journalism Review 38(1): 19-32.
- Gustafson K. and Kenix LJ. (2015) Visually framing press freedom and responsibility of a massacre: Photographic and graphic images in Charlie Hedbo's newspaper front pages around the world.
- Kenix LJ. (2015) Culture as Constitutive: An Exploration of Audience and Journalist Perceptions of Journalism in Samoa. Communication, Culture and Critique 8(1): 37-54.