Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests lie in journalism studies, with a particular emphasis on discourse analysis of journalists' writing practices. This interest has taken him towards researching journalism in new media, as well as historical and ethical aspects of newswriting. He is also interested in journalism sociology and in the study of alternative media.
- Matheson D. and Allan S. (2009) Digital War Reporting. Cambridge: Polity Press. 218pp.
- Matheson D. (2005) Media Discourses: Analysing Media Texts. Maidenhead: Open University Press. 224pp.
- Fitch K., Matheson D. and Bourk M. (Ed.) (2016) Special issue of Media International Australia (160): Rethinking Public Relations in the Australian and New Zealand Communication Landscape. London: Sage. 170.
- Matheson D. and Bourk M. (Ed.) (2016) Communication Research and Practice, 'Special issue: Rethinking Communication, Space and Identity'. Abingdon: Routledge. 291-387.
- Paterno D., Bourk M. and Matheson D. (Ed.) (2015) Refereed Proceedings of the 2015 Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Conference: Rethinking Communication, Space and Identity. Queenstown: ANZCA.