Qualifications & Memberships
My three main research areas are: (1) reasons for action and rationality, including the implications of theories about reasons and rationality for ethics; (2) research ethics and bioethics, particularly issues associated with artificial reproductive technologies; and (3) philosophy of relationships.
- Mason CE. (2017) The Unnaturalness Objection to De-Extinction: A Critical Evaluation. Animal Studies Journal 6(1) 4: 40-60. http://ro.uow.edu.au/asj/.
- Mason CE. and Forrest N. (2017) Frozen Embryo Disputes and Last-Chance Procreation. Dunedin, New Zealand: New Zealand Bioethics Conference, 27-28 Jan 2017
- Mason CE. (2016) Nudging to Increase New Zealand’s HIV Diagnosis Rate. Christchurch: New Zealand HIV Nurses Education Day.
- Mason CE. (2016) Should New Zealand Legalise Euthanasia? University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand: Canterbury Physiotherapy Committee, AGM Opening Address.
- Mason CE. (2016) Proposed Changes to New Zealand Regulations on the Importation of Gametes and Embryos. Bioethical Voices: Newsletter of the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics 2(6): 9-10. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGdQDy_hOF7Tl84ak5lRzBid2s/view.