UC Teaching Awards 2013
- 14 January 2013: Nominations for UC Teaching Awards and the UC Teaching Medal will open;
- 18 February 2013: Deadlines for return of nominations;
- 1 March 2013: Invitation sent to successful nominees to submit full application;
- 22 April 2013: Deadline for receipt of application for teaching awards;
- 29 April 2013: Deadline for receipt of portfolio for teaching medal;
- 17 May 2013: Notification to successful candidates;
- date to be confirmed: Teaching Medal, Teaching Awards Ceremony.
The UC Teaching Awards were introduced to the University in 2001. A maximum of six Teaching Awards may be made annually across the University.The awards recognise excellence in teaching (including thesis supervision) in both undergraduate and graduate programmes.
As a first step, nominations for a teaching award must be submitted on the Teaching Award Nomination Form (Word 60KB). All nominations will be acknowledged and invitations will be sent out to those nominees who are sucessful at this stage to submit a full application.
The final step is to complete a teaching portfolio and application form (Word, 27KB) The form contains all the information you need to prepare and submit a portfolio. You may also wish to look through the UC Teaching Award Nominee Information (Word, 21KB) to help you submit your portfolio.
The current award was designed by Hamish Meikle of the School of Fine Arts. It explores the notions of rough to smooth and blunt to sharp, while also expressing the sense of directional or guiding experiences – all of these symbolic of the activities of teaching and learning. There is a South Pacific aesthetic embodied in the award’s tapering form and in cross-section the award echoes the University’s coat of arms.