Sonoda Christchurch Campus
The Sonoda Christchurch Campus is a small, friendly, self-catered hall of residence, situated within a beautiful garden setting. Residents have the option to purchase meal plans at nearby University Hall.
See Sonoda Christchurch Campus (online maps) for the location.
Sonoda is co-located with the University's College of Education on Dovedale Avenue, adjacent to the Ilam Fields, and is a short walk to all other campus facilities.
The modern accommodation facilities and Japanese inspired landscaped grounds offer a peaceful atmosphere in which students can live and study.
The rooms are arranged into fully-furnished apartments with five single bedrooms, bathroom facilities, and a kitchen/living room equipped with the basic essentials for self-catering providing comfy couches and a flat screen TV.
110 of the 140 rooms are available for full-time contracted residents with the other rooms being available for visiting academics, postgraduate students, FLO and other casual stay students.
- 110 full-time residents
- Self-catered (meal plans available at University Hall)
- Self room selection, the ability to flat on campus with your friends
- Offering independent living in a supportive study environment
- Modern facilities and picturesque Japanese-inspired landscaped grounds
- Peaceful atmosphere
- On-site sports facilities
- Located on the College of Education campus
- On-site car parking available
UC Accommodation Student Village
9 Maidstone Road
Private Bag 4760
Phone +64 3 364 3444
Fax: +64 3 364 2924
Find out more at the UC Accommodation Student Village website