Ilam Apartments is a self-catered, fully-furnished apartment-style complex that offers independent living in a supportive environment to students of all ages, at all levels of their academic career, and from all over the world.
Meal plans and casual meals are available to residents at University Hall, just a short walk across the Ilam Fields. The apartments are situated next to the lush Ilam Gardens, and offer a safe and secure environment, just five minutes' walk from lecture theatres and other campus facilities.
There are three apartment types (Manuka, Kowhai or Hinau) offering students a choice of applying for a place in a two, three, four, five or six-bedroom apartment. Each apartment comes with an equipped kitchen, bathroom, a lounge/dining room, laundry facilities and telephone. All bedrooms are furnished with a bed, study desk, wardrobe, bookshelves, and have a data outlet for prepaid internet.
Residents at Ilam choose their own rooms through an online allocation system. This allows friends to flat together, or alternatively, gives residents the opportunity to meet new people. There is a diverse range of people who live at Ilam providing students with an opportunity to develop lifelong friendships. Throughout the year a number of events are held to assist with academic success, personal development and having a great University experience. These events bring residents together to create a community atmosphere.
- 845 residents
- Choice of 2-6 bedroom apartments
- Self room selection, the ability to flat on campus with your friends
- Car parking available on-site
- Self-catered (meal plans available at University Hall)
- Independant living but with the bonus of living on-campus
- Safe and secure study environment
- Residents from Europe, Asia, the Pacific, Africa, the US, Scandinavia and, of course, New Zealand
- On a number of bus routes for ease of travel throughout the city
UC Accommodation Student Village
9 Maidstone Road
Private Bag 4760
Phone: +64 3 364 3444
Fax: +64 3 364 2924
Find out more at the UC Accommodation Student Village website