Micro Teaching and Professional Practice Portfolios have played a significant role in assessment in the past and current adult teaching qualifications.
Each of these assessment practices have been carried forward into the development of the new streamlined DipATL. This project will:
• Explore the wider literature in relation to similar experiential, practice based forms of assessment.
• Engage in detailed data collection and analysis to identify the strengths and areas for improvement within these forms of assessment.
• To identify what aspects of current assessment practice can be usefully carried forward into the new Diploma and what aspects can be changed in the current revision.
• To develop a process for evaluating the effectiveness of assessment to enhance teaching and learning on the new Diploma in Adult Teaching and Learning.
• To build capability of the ACE Teaching and Research team by enhancing their knowledge and understanding of key assessment processes.
• To inform the process of course design so that it is responsive to the needs of the students.
• To uphold the principle of Ako, acknowledging that we are all learners and we are all teachers.