1. Advanced Control of Smart Power Converters: exact voltage/current/frequency control, harmonic cancellation, active and reactive power control, grid-support during faults, PLL techniques
2. Grid Converters for PV and Wind Power Systems: micro-inverter technology, MPPT algorithm, DSP and FPGA based SoC (system on chip) controller
3. Advanced Topology and Modulation of Power Converters: high frequency link power converters, multilevel topology, FPGA based SoC modulator
4. Repetitive Control(RC) and Applications: RC based universal "PID" control, FPGA based SoC RC, RC of power converters, CNC, hard disk, vibration suppression ...
5. Microgid and Smart Grid Technologies: energy storage and managment, microgrid converter control (detection of islanding, voltage/frequency droop control), power quality, integration of renewable energy, vehicle to grid (V2G) technologies, self-sustainable renewable generation system
6. Power Electronics Applications: electric motor drives, custom power devices
Postgraduate research in above fields available for high potential candidates, with possible overseas exchange research opportunity.